Brampton FSBO Guide
8 Essential Steps To Success
The following FSBO guidelines will enable you to sell your Brampton home privately for market value, in a reasonable time-frame, and with an acceptable level of effort and stress.
1. Accurate Home Market Evaluation - Get an accurate market evaluation of your home from an experienced real estate agent, and retain the market comparables to show perspective buyers. This will instill buyer confidence in the home’s list price. Call or email me today for an accurate, 100% commitment-free CMA!
2. Learn How To Sell - Read one or two good books on Selling and Negotiating. This will show you how to up-sell the best features of your home, and negotiate effectively to close a deal.
3. Get To Know A Good Lawyer - A closing lawyer will help the deal move smoothly, and can advise you on how to protect yourself from oversights and omissions in the offer.
4. Spruce Up Your Home - Increase your home’s appeal by making inexpensive repairs to visible defects, removing clutter, and altering room layouts where appropriate. For more info, read my Home Selling Tips That Work.
5. Get A Home Inspection - Pay for a Home Inspection and show the report to interested buyers as proof your home has no major defects. Because there is no real estate agent to advise and guide them, home buyers need to be particularly reassured when dealing with FSBOs.
6. Weekly Open Houses - Do an Open House weekly, and it must be advertised every week in the Brampton Guardian for maximum exposure. Don’t cut corners here. Remember, if your FSBO lawn sign is the primary way of advertising your home, you will quickly exhaust local traffic as potential buyers.
7. Flyer Your Neighborhood - Send flyers with photos and house details to everyone in your neighborhood because often enough, your neighbors might want friends and family to live near them, but are too shy to request a home tour.
8. Follow Competing Home Prices
- Keep updated on all home listings in the area and their prices.
Move in sync with them, always staying a little below the price of comparable homes listed on MLS
in order to attract home buyers. After all, they will want to naturally share some of the
commission savings with you, so give them an incentive!
Selling your Brampton FSBO home may not always be easy because the vast majority of home buyers use the services of a real estate agent – who is not likely to show your FSBO home because it does not appear on MLS. But, you CAN do it by following ‘8 Essential Steps To Success’.
Wishing you a successful Brampton FSBO experience!
Royal LePage Credit Valley Real Estate
Serving: Brampton, Mississauga, Georgetown, and the GTA
Office Phone: (905) 230-0683
Fax: (905) 230-0367